PHILADELPHIA, Sept. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The India Fund, Inc. (NYSE: IFN) (the "Fund"), a closed-end management investment company, announced today that it will pay a dividend of US$0.062 per share on October 18, 2013 to all shareholders of record as of October 3, 2013. The dividend represents the undistributed amount of the Fund's net long-term capital gains for the 2012 calendar year. The per share amount of the dividend assumes that the semi-annual repurchase offer for up to 5% of the Fund's outstanding shares is fully subscribed. If the semi-annual repurchase is not fully subscribed, the final per share amount of the dividend may be lower than the amount announced today, due to a higher amount of shares remaining than the number of shares estimated in calculating the per share dividend amount. A second press release will be issued after the repurchase offer expires and the dividend rate per share is confirmed.
In January 2014, a Form 1099-DIV will be sent to shareholders, which will state the amount and composition of distributions and provide information with respect to their appropriate tax treatment for the 2013 calendar year.
The Fund is managed and advised by Aberdeen Asset Management Asia Limited. The Fund's shares trade on the NYSE under the symbol "IFN."Closed-end funds have a one-time initial public offering and then are subsequently traded on the secondary market through one of the stock exchanges. The investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor's shares may be worth more or less than the original cost. Shares of closed-end funds may trade above (a premium) or below (a discount) the net asset value (NAV) of the fund's portfolio. There is no assurance that a fund will achieve its investment objective. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV