ConAgra Foods, Inc., (NYSE: CAG), one of North America's leading packaged food companies, announced today that it has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index for the third consecutive year.
Recognized worldwide, Dow Jones Sustainability Indices measure the performance of the world's sustainability leaders. Companies are selected for the indices based on a comprehensive assessment of long-term economic, environmental and social criteria. These account for general and industry-specific sustainability issues, such as corporate governance, health and nutrition, climate strategy, citizenship and philanthropy, and occupational health and safety.
“We are pleased and honored to be included on the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index for the third consecutive year,” said Chris Kircher, vice president, Corporate Affairs and president, ConAgra Foods Foundation. “Citizenship is one of the primary focus areas of our five-year Recipe for Growth strategy, and our inclusion on this respected index reflects our long-term commitment to doing good through food. This independent ranking validates the progress we’ve made to positively impact our communities and the planet.”
ConAgra Foods continues to make progress in its Good for You, Good for the Community and Good for the Planet citizenship platform. During Fiscal Year 2013, ConAgra Foods:
- issued more than 7,000 units of continuing education credits to registered dietitians and diabetes educators through the ConAgra Foods Science Institute, providing information on new developments and the latest thinking on relevant health and nutrition topics;
- conducted its third annual ConAgra Foods Week of Service, during which nearly 3,000 employees participated in 150 events and volunteered more than 7,000 hours of service to community-based programs;
- leveraged a robust safety program that encourages leadership, accountability and teamwork to decrease the company’s Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Incident Rate (OIR) by 15 percent;
- and repurposed 93 percent of leftover materials generated from our facilities that otherwise would have gone to waste.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts