The Board of Directors of General Electric Company [NYSE: GE] has elected James E. Rohr, Chairman and former CEO of The PNC Financial Services Group, as a GE director. He was elected by the GE Board at its meeting today.
“Jim Rohr has tremendous experience in finance and risk,” said GE Chairman and CEO Jeff Immelt. “Under his leadership, PNC has become one of the most successful financial services companies in the U.S. We welcome him to our board.”
Rohr has agreed to serve as the Chairman of PNC through PNC’s annual meeting of shareholders in April 2014. He has held that position since 2002, and served as CEO of the company from 2000-2013. Rohr joined PNC in 1972 and served in a variety of management roles throughout his career.
Rohr is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame and holds a Master’s degree of Business Administration from The Ohio State University. He is a trustee of Carnegie Mellon University and of the University of Notre Dame. He is also a former director of The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.About GE GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV