CLEVELAND, Sept. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dominion East Ohio and the Dominion Foundation will award $100,000 in unrestricted grants, plus a special Environmental Award of $10,000, to area non-profits that have made a difference in the communities the company serves through the 19th annual Community Impact Awards competition, sponsored by Dominion and Inside Business Magazine.
The award recognizes cities and community organizations that have made major contributions toward the economic and social revitalization of communities located in Dominion's service area in Ohio. The Dominion Foundation, recognizing the company's environmental commitment, is offering the second annual Special Environmental Project Award. The award recognizes a unique environmental project or initiative. Application instructions are listed below.
Entries will be judged by a cross-section of community leaders from Dominion's service area. Winners will be recognized in the March 2014 issue of Inside Business Magazine. The entry deadline is Nov. 30, 2013. For more information, visit www.dom.com, keyword "Impact."
- Projects must have been completed between July 2012 and November 2013.
- Projects must have made a major contribution to the economic or social revitalization of communities in northeast Ohio.
- Projects must be located within the Dominion service area in Ohio.
- Organizations must be 501c (3).
- On the summary page, please include a contact name, title, phone number, e-mail address and complete mailing address.
- Name of your organization, a contact name, title, telephone number, e-mail address, and complete mailing address.
- Give a brief description/history of your community or organization.
- Describe the project your community or organization developed to promote economic and/or social revitalization. Include objectives, benefits, impact and measurable results and community interest/involvement. Include both quantitative and qualitative results.
- The extent to which the project generated positive change and growth within its targeted area.
- The number of people affected/served by this project.
- A description of how the results of this project will encourage and promote future development and revitalization.
- Community impact: The effect the project has on jobs, spending, taxes, etc.
- Did you want to be considered for the Special Environmental Project Award? Yes or no?
- Finally, have you included all the information requested in steps 1-7, and enclosed a copy of your 501c (3) with entry? If not, your entry may be disqualified.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts