HSNI, VSI And BID, 3 Specialty Retail Stocks Pushing The Industry Lower
2. As of noon trading, Vitamin Shoppe ( VSI) is down $1.91 (-4.5%) to $40.05 on heavy volume. Thus far, 331,231 shares of Vitamin Shoppe exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 433,600 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $40.01-$41.38 after having opened the day at $41.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.96. Vitamin Shoppe, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer and direct marketer of nutritional products in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Retail and Direct. Vitamin Shoppe has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the services sector. Shares are down 26.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Vitamin Shoppe a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Vitamin Shoppe as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Vitamin Shoppe Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts