3. As of noon trading, Ametek ( AME) is down $0.54 (-1.2%) to $45.03 on heavy volume. Thus far, 837,731 shares of Ametek exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $44.94-$45.93 after having opened the day at $45.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.57. AMETEK, Inc. manufactures and sells electronic instruments and electromechanical devices in North America, Europe, Asia, and South America. The company operates in two segments, Electronic Instruments Group and Electromechanical Group. Ametek has a market cap of $10.9 billion and is part of the electronics industry. Shares are up 18.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Ametek a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ametek as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Ametek Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts