1. As of noon trading, PetSmart ( PETM) is up $0.50 (0.7%) to $72.86 on light volume. Thus far, 286,159 shares of PetSmart exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $72.44-$73.11 after having opened the day at $72.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.37. PetSmart, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer of products, services, and solutions for pets in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. PetSmart has a market cap of $7.6 billion and is part of the services sector. Shares are up 6.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate PetSmart a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PetSmart as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, notable return on equity, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full PetSmart Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the specialty retail industry could consider SPDR S&P Retail ETF ( XRT) while those bearish on the specialty retail industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts