NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- After ending its winning streak on Thursday, the broader market is trying to end the week on a positive note.
TheStreet's Brittany Umar and Max Wolff, chief economist and strategist at ZT Wealth, break down Friday's trading so far.
The S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average are trying to stay positive, but the Nasdaq is lagging behind and is in the red.
Intel (INTC) is rallying sharply higher on a positive research note from Jeffries, Umar said.However, the big news has been the recent IPO filing from Twitter. Wolff said that the IPO disaster and ensuing selloff in Facebook (FB) dampened enthusiasm for similar companies. But now that Facebook has had a strong rally and is trading for more than its IPO price, the mood has become much more positive for other social media stocks and for potential social media IPOs. Although other stocks, such as Groupon (GRPN) and Zynga (ZNGA) also suffered following their IPOs, Wolff expects Twitter to do well. "I think Twitter will do quite well, in part, because Twitter already conquered mobile and that was the big challenge that tripped up some of the other names," he concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV