Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:42 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Thursday.
Goldman Sachs downgraded Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPS) to sell from neutral. Cramer thought the stock would have done better thanks to its new product lines. DPS fell nearly 1% to $45.79.
Cramer said Masco (MAS) was red-hot going into yesterday's FOMC announcement, and the stock's price action predicted a no-tapering outcome. MAS fell nearly 1% to $22.23.Gilead Sciences (GILD) "has been one of the remarkable ones," and will continue to go higher because of its hepatitis C treatment, Cramer said. GILD was flat at $64.32. Cramer thinks it's "still not too late to buy" Groupon (GRPN). He likes its new management and better business model. GRPN jumped 9% to $12.59. Travelers Company (TRV) was upgraded by FBR Capital Markets. Cramer added that Jay Fishman, the CEO, has been doing a terrific job. TRV rose 1.2% to $86.90. Cramer didn't understand why Pier 1 Imports (PIR) missed on its recent earnings report. He added that this could be a buying opportunity for a fabulous company. PIR dropped 13.9% to $20.33. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV