Alexandria Real Estate Equities (NYSE: ARE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.30%. Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the ownership, operation, management, development, acquisition, and redevelopment of properties for the life sciences industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 47.31. The average volume for Alexandria Real Estate Equities has been 469,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Alexandria Real Estate Equities has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 8.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Alexandria Real Estate Equities as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $95.83 million or 3.11% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, ALEXANDRIA R E EQUITIES INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 5.35%.
- ALEXANDRIA R E EQUITIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALEXANDRIA R E EQUITIES INC reported lower earnings of $0.99 versus $1.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.49 versus $0.99).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 30.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $24.79 million to $32.36 million.
- You can view the full Alexandria Real Estate Equities Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV