BlackRock Kelso Capital Corporation (NASDAQ: BKCC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 10.60%. BlackRock Kelso Capital Corporation is a private equity firm specializing in investments in middle market companies. The firm invests in all industries. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.96. The average volume for BlackRock Kelso Capital Corporation has been 506,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. BlackRock Kelso Capital Corporation has a market cap of $731.3 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are down 2.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates BlackRock Kelso Capital Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BKCC's revenue growth trails the industry average of 12.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for BLACKROCK KELSO CAPITAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 73.70%. Regardless of BKCC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BKCC's net profit margin of 33.27% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 42.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $20.98 million to $12.02 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, BLACKROCK KELSO CAPITAL CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full BlackRock Kelso Capital Corporation Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts