Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: Top 3 Companies: FTR, DRE, PM
Duke Realty (NYSE: DRE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.50%. RF Rev $77.5/$850 Secured Rev 0/$30 Unsecured. The average volume for Duke Realty has been 2,426,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Duke Realty has a market cap of $4.9 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 9.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Duke Realty as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 495.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$17.40 million to $68.85 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- DUKE REALTY CORP has improved earnings per share by 41.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DUKE REALTY CORP reported poor results of -$0.52 versus -$0.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.10 versus -$0.52).
- The gross profit margin for DUKE REALTY CORP is rather low; currently it is at 16.04%. Regardless of DRE's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 24.81% trails the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, DRE has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- You can view the full Duke Realty Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV