UnitedHealth Group (NYSE:UNH) announced it has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index (DJSI NA) and the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI W).
UnitedHealth Group was recognized as among the leading companies worldwide for economic, environmental and social excellence and sustainability performance with a strong focus on long-term shareholder value. The company ranked first among its peers in the health care providers and services industry sector for corporate citizenship and philanthropy, partnerships toward sustainable health care, codes of conduct and compliance, and operational eco-efficiency.
The Dow Jones Sustainability Indices were the first global indices to track the financial performance of the leading sustainability-driven companies worldwide. UnitedHealth Group now has been included in the DJSI for 15 consecutive years, since the indices were established in 1999.
The Dow Jones Sustainability Indices are maintained by S&P Dow Jones Indices and RobecoSAM, an international investment firm focused exclusively on sustainability investing. RobecoSAM invites more than 3,000 publicly traded companies, including 800 companies in emerging markets, to report annually on their sustainability practices. DJSI’s Corporate Sustainability Assessment provides an in-depth analysis of financially material economic, environmental and social practices, such as innovation or supply chain management, climate strategy and stakeholder engagement, and places a special focus on industry-specific risks and opportunities.According to the DJSI review process, leading sustainability companies display high levels of competence in addressing global and industry challenges in a variety of areas:
- Strategy: Integrating long-term economic, environmental and social aspects in their business strategies while maintaining global competitiveness and brand reputation.
- Financial: Meeting shareholders’ demands for sound financial returns, long-term economic growth, open communication and transparent financial accounting.
- Customer & Product: Fostering loyalty by investing in customer relationship management and product and service innovation that focuses on technologies and systems, which use financial, natural and social resources in an efficient, effective and economic manner over the long term.
- Governance and Stakeholder: Setting the highest standards of corporate governance and stakeholder engagement, including corporate codes of conduct and public reporting.
- Human: Managing human resources to maintain workforce capabilities and employee satisfaction through best-in-class organizational learning and knowledge management practices, and remuneration and benefit programs.