DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ken Czubay, vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service, retiring after 43-year career in the automotive industry
- John Felice elected vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service, succeeding Czubay
- Barb Samardzich appointed chief operating officer, Ford of Europe
- Joe Bakaj appointed vice president, Product Development, Ford of Europe, succeeding Samardzich
- Bob Fascetti elected vice president, Powertrain Engineering, succeeding Bakaj
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) today is announcing a series of changes within its senior leadership team to continue delivering the company's One Ford plan for profitable growth.
Ken Czubay, vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service, has elected to retire, after working for more than four decades in the automotive industry. In parallel, John Felice is elected a Ford Motor Company officer and named vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service.
Czubay began his career at Ford in 1970 and served in a variety of management and executive roles at the company for 13 years. In 1983, he left Ford to join Nissan North America and later Southeast Toyota Distributors. He rejoined Ford in 2008 as the company's leader for U.S. marketing, sales, dealer and service operations."Ken is one of the top sales and marketing executives in the auto industry," said Joe Hinrichs, executive vice president and president of The Americas. "His knowledge, passion and strong relationships with our dealers have enabled Ford to capture increased market share and enhance the customer experience. We are grateful for his leadership and congratulate him on his retirement." Succeeding Czubay is Felice, currently general sales manager for Ford and Lincoln. Felice will report to Hinrichs and to Jim Farley, executive vice president, Global Sales, Marketing and Service and Lincoln. Felice will be the senior leader for U.S. marketing, sales and service for Ford and Lincoln. During his nearly 30-year career, Felice has served in a variety of senior Marketing and Sales positions in the U.S. and Asia, including as president of Ford's Thailand Operations. Ford also is announcing that Barb Samardzich is appointed chief operating officer, Ford of Europe. She will be responsible for many of Ford of Europe's operations, including manufacturing, quality, product development, purchasing, and sustainability, environment and safety engineering. Samardzich will continue to report to Stephen Odell, executive vice president and president of Europe, Middle East and Africa. Samardzich currently is vice president, Product Development, Ford of Europe, where she oversees Ford's product programs and operations in the region. Succeeding Samardzich is Joe Bakaj, who is appointed vice president, Product Development, Ford of Europe. Bakaj currently is vice president, Powertrain Engineering, and oversees all engine and transmission engineering around the world. In his new role, Bakaj will report to Samardzich and to Raj Nair, group vice president, Global Product Development. In addition, Bob Fascetti is elected a Ford Motor Company officer and named vice president, Powertrain Engineering, succeeding Bakaj. He will report to Nair. In his current role as director, Global Engine Engineering, Fascetti leads the engineering operations for all of Ford's engine development worldwide. During his 25-year career, he has served in a variety of senior leadership positions in Ford's powertrain, product development and manufacturing operations. All retirements and appointments are effective Nov. 1.
- For biographical information and photos for Ken Czubay, 64, click here.
- For biographical information and photos for John Felice, 51, click here.
- For biographical information and photos for Barb Samardzich, 54, click here.
- For biographical information and photos for Joe Bakaj, 51, click here.
- For biographical information and photos for Bob Fascetti, 51, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV