Life Time – The Healthy Way of Life Company (NYSE: LTM) announced today that it now owns and produces the iconic Chicago Half Marathon and Hyundai Hope on Wheels 5k. The event represents the third half marathon in Life Time’s lineup of more than 100 athletic events produced annually. Registration for the 2014 Chicago Half Marathon and Hyundai Hope on Wheels 5k opened Tuesday, Sept. 10.
The event has steadily grown since its inception in 2003 and draws thousands of participants from Chicago’s running community. September 8 marked the 17th running of the event, which hosted nearly 15,000 participants on its scenic 13.1 mile run that starts and finishes in Jackson Park and features the south lakefront and Jackson Park Golf Course and beautiful views of the Chicago skyline.
“We are proud to add the Chicago Half Marathon and Hyundai Hope on Wheels 5k to our events portfolio, particularly in a city that enjoys such a vibrant running and health conscious community,” said Eric Buss, Life Time executive vice president. “Over the years we have had tremendous generosity from the Chicago community and appreciate that they have opened up their doors and city to support our Chicago area athletic events including the Chicago Spring Half Marathon as well as the Life Time Tri Chicago in August and Turkey Day 5K in November. The historic Chicago Half Marathon and Hyundai Hope on Wheels 5k bring yet another world-class offering to our family of athletic events.”
“We have enjoyed our time as owners of the Chicago Half Marathon and Hyundai Hope on Wheels 5k and were able to build the event to one of the largest half marathons in the country,” said US Road Sports CEO and Managing Partner Greg Laird. “We are confident that Life Time will take the event to new heights.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV