Trade-Ideas: Ubiquiti Networks (UBNT) Is Today's "Dead Cat Bounce" Stock
- UBNT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $35.3 million.
- UBNT has traded 129,835 shares today.
- UBNT is up 3.6% today.
- UBNT was down 9.7% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UBNT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UBNT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UBNT: Ubiquiti Networks, Inc., a communications technology company, together with its subsidiaries, offers a portfolio of communications networking products and solutions worldwide. UBNT has a PE ratio of 38.2. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Ubiquiti Networks a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ubiquiti Networks has been 545,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ubiquiti has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 186.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ubiquiti Networks as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock itself is trading at a premium valuation. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- UBNT's revenue growth trails the industry average of 27.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 43.82% is the gross profit margin for UBIQUITI NETWORKS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 28.49% is above that of the industry average.
- UBIQUITI NETWORKS INC has improved earnings per share by 6.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UBIQUITI NETWORKS INC reported lower earnings of $0.89 versus $1.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.62 versus $0.89).
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 180.59% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- You can view the full Ubiquiti Networks Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts