Trade-Ideas: Sanchez Energy (SN) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- SN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.8 million.
- SN traded 453,823 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:19 AM, representing 93.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SN: Sanchez Energy Corporation, an independent exploration and production company, focuses on the acquisition, exploration, and development of unconventional oil and natural gas resources. SN has a PE ratio of 471.8. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Sanchez Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Sanchez Energy has been 474,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sanchez Energy has a market cap of $823.6 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 31.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Sanchez Energy as a sell. The area that we feel has been the company's primary weakness has been its disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- This stock has increased by 27.72% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, SANCHEZ ENERGY CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- SN's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.68 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 3.58 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- SANCHEZ ENERGY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SANCHEZ ENERGY CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.55 versus $0.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.18 versus -$0.55).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 156.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$15.65 million to $8.89 million.
- You can view the full Sanchez Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts