John Hele, chief financial officer at MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET), will present a keynote address at KPMG’s Annual Insurance Conference on Wednesday, Sept. 18, at approximately 8:15 a.m. (ET).
Hele will discuss the evolving regulatory landscape facing the life insurance industry, especially the focus on systemic risk and heightened capital requirements in the wake of the financial crisis. He will note the non-systemic nature of insurance liabilities relative to bank liabilities; discuss the unintended consequences of imposing a bank capital framework on the insurance industry; and outline a path forward that appropriately captures insurance risk while preserving the industry’s ability to offer affordable financial protection.
The conference will be held at the New York Marriott Marquis, 1535 Broadway, in New York City and is open to the news media.
MetLife, Inc. is a leading global provider of insurance, annuities and employee benefit programs, serving 90 million customers. Through its subsidiaries and affiliates, MetLife holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV