Protective Life Corporation (NYSE: PL) (“Protective”) today announced that it has received the insurance regulatory approvals required in order for Protective Life Insurance Company to move forward under its agreement with certain subsidiaries of AXA SA (NYSE Euronext Paris:CS) (“AXA”) to acquire MONY Life Insurance Company (“MONY”) and reinsure certain policies of MONY Life Insurance Company of America (“MLOA”). The transaction was previously announced on April 10, 2013.
The Company also announced that its current plan continues to be to close the transaction early in the fourth quarter, subject to the satisfaction and fulfillment of customary closing conditions.
ABOUT PROTECTIVE LIFE CORPORATION
Protective Life Corporation provides financial services through the production, distribution and administration of insurance and investment products throughout the U.S. It has annual revenues of approximately $3.6 billion and as of December 31, 2012 had assets of approximately $57.4 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV