NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- On Wednesday I profiled 90 publicly-traded community banks in Community Banks With CRE Loan Exposures. My message to these banks is that they should take action to raise capital, trim noncurrent loans or consider merger opportunities.
Sterling is partially owned by private-equity firms Thomas H. Lee Partners LP and Warburg Pincus LLC with both having stakes of about 20.8%.
The deal is a combination of cash and stock valuing Sterling stock at a premium of 26% above its share price of Aug. 30 which was $24.20 and $2.18 in cash. A 26% premium puts the stock at $30.49.According to the FDIC Quarterly Banking Profile for the second quarter of 2013 Umpqua Holdings ended the second quarter with $11.79 billion in assets, a commercial real estate (CRE) to risk-based capital ratio of 376.8% and with their CRE loan commitments 55.3% funded. At the end of 2010 Umpqua had $11.67 billion in assets, a CRE to risk-based capital ratio of 423.9% with their CRE loan commitments a stressed out 86% funded. This bank has thus done a good job in reducing CRE exposures and in raising assets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV