DALLAS, Sept. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alerian announced today that following the close of business on Friday, September 20, Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (NYSE: SXL) will be added to the Alerian Large Cap MLP Index (ALCI).
Sunoco Logistics owns and operates a diverse mix of crude oil and refined products pipelines, and terminalling and storage facilities, as well as crude oil acquisition and marketing assets.
LINN Energy LLC (NASDAQ: LINE) will be removed from the index following the close of business on September 20. The 15 constituents of the index will be rebalanced on an equal-weighted basis in accordance with the existing index methodology. Constituent additions to and deletions from the index do not reflect an opinion by Alerian on the investment merits of the respective securities.
About the Alerian Large Cap MLP IndexThe Alerian Large Cap MLP Index is an equal-weighted composite of the 15 largest energy Master Limited Partnerships by market capitalization. The index is disseminated daily on a price-return basis through ticker ALCI and on a total-return basis through ticker ALCIX.About AlerianAlerian is an independent company that provides objective market information. The company is a leader in MLP and energy infrastructure market intelligence, providing benchmarks, data sets, and analytics that are used extensively by a range of industry stakeholders such as management teams, investment professionals, research analysts, and national media. The Alerian Index Series is used to analyze relative performance and to create index tracking funds. Over $14 billion is directly tied to Alerian's indices, including the leading benchmark of MLP equities: the Alerian MLP Index (AMZ). For index values, yields, constituents, and announcements regarding rebalancings, please visit www.alerian.com. SOURCE Alerian
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV