TORONTO, Sept. 13, 2013 /CNW/ - RBC Global Asset Management Inc. (RBC GAM) today announced final details regarding the scheduled maturity of RBC Target 2013 Corporate Bond Index ETF (TSX: RQA).
As announced earlier this year, RBC Target 2013 Corporate Bond Index ETF will mature effective at the close of business on Friday, November 22, 2013. As a result, no direct subscriptions for units of RQA will be accepted after the close of business today, Friday September 13, 2013.
Redemption requests for the RBC Target 2013 Corporate Bond Index ETF are expected to be accepted until the close of business on Friday November 15, 2013. RQA is anticipated to be voluntarily delisted from the TSX, at the request of RBC GAM, following the close of business on or about Tuesday, November 19, 2013. All units still held by investors following delisting will be subject to mandatory redemption on the maturity date of Friday, November 22, 2013.
"This is the first RBC Target Maturity Corporate Bond ETF to mature, and while this type of fund is still relatively new to Canadian investors, it has demonstrated the potential to deliver attractive income to meet investor needs over a defined period of time," said Mark Neill, head of RBC ETFs.The proceeds from RQA may be invested into a subsequent maturity of an RBC Target Maturity Corporate Bond ETF or utilized in a ladder strategy to help manage interest rate and reinvestment risk. The suite of RBC Target Maturity Corporate Bond ETFs includes nine corporate bond ETFs with maturities spanning from 2013 to 2021. These ETFs provide targeted maturity exposure, enabling investors to build customized fixed income portfolios tailored to specific investment needs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV