HOUSTON, Sept. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE: SN) ("Sanchez Energy" or the "Company") announced today the pricing of an upsized underwritten public offering of 9,600,000 shares of the Company's common stock at a price of $23.00 per share. Sanchez Energy intends to use the net proceeds from this offering to partially fund the previously announced Wycross acquisition, to fund a portion of its 2013 and preliminary 2014 capital budget, which is primarily focused on the Eagle Ford Shale, and for general corporate purposes, including working capital. The Company has granted to the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 1,440,000 shares of common stock to cover over-allotments. The offering is expected to close on or about September 18, 2013, subject to customary closing conditions.
Johnson Rice & Company L.L.C. and RBC Capital Markets are acting as joint book-running managers of the offering. The underwritten public offering will be made only by means of a prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus, copies of which may be obtained from Johnson Rice & Company L.L.C., Corporate Finance Department, 639 Loyola Avenue, Suite 2775, New Orleans, LA 70113, phone 1-800-433-5924.
When available, an electronic copy of the prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus may also be obtained at no charge at the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov.
This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful. The offering is being made pursuant to an effective registration statement on Form S-3 previously filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV