Today, Kohl’s Department Stores (NYSE: KSS) announced that in support of curing type 1 diabetes (T1D) and improving the lives of local children, more than 1,600 Kohl’s associates, friends and family will take part in the JDRF Kohl’s Walk to Cure Diabetes on September 14, 2013 at the Milwaukee County Zoo. Complete with baseball-themed kids’ activities to help ‘Knock T1D Out of the Park’, the annual event represents Kohl’s Cares® commitment to JDRF and focuses on the lives of children in the communities it serves.
“Kohl’s Cares is proud to continue its support of JDRF and join hundreds of local families at the 2013 JDRF Kohl’s Walk to Cure Diabetes,” said Michelle Gass, Kohl’s chief customer officer. “Kohl’s Cares and JDRF share a commitment to children’s health and we applaud the work JDRF is doing to improve the lives of those affected by type 1 diabetes in our community.”
“The JDRF mission is to discover, develop and deliver advances that cure, better treat and prevent type 1 diabetes and Kohl’s Cares partnership and support brings us even closer to reaching this mission,” said Wendy Hanisch, JDRF Executive Director. “We are touched by the overwhelming involvement of the more than 1,600 Kohl’s participants in the 2013 JDRF Kohl’s Walk to Cure Diabetes and are confident that together we will continue to develop better treatments and one day a cure for those with type 1 diabetes and their families.”
Since 1996, Kohl’s and Kohl’s Cares have contributed more than $2 million to support JDRF. In 2010, Kohl's Cares became the title sponsor of the JDRF Kohl's Walk to Cure Diabetes and has donated $100,000 annually to support the cause.The support of JDRF builds upon Kohl’s long history of charitable involvement in the communities it serves. Since 2000, Kohl’s and the Kohl’s Cares program have combined to give nearly $64 million to support charitable initiatives in the metro-Milwaukee area.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV