Xerox (NYSE: XRX) today released its annual Global Citizenship Report, which summarizes the company’s efforts toward a sustainable enterprise including the significant advances Xerox made in the areas of energy, water conservation and waste.
The report cites achievement of several global corporate goals:
- The Energy Challenge 2012 program which led to a 42 percent reduction of greenhouse gas emissions over the past 10 years.
- The Zero Waste to Landfill program which reached a historic 99.3 percent landfill avoidance rate for customer returned parts, supplies and equipment through reuse and recycling initiatives.
- The Water Conservation program which reduced water consumption by 17 percent during the past year.
- The successful culmination of the seventh year of the Xerox partnership with The Nature Conservancy.
In the report’s letter to stakeholders, Ursula Burns, Xerox chairman and CEO, commented on the company’s principle-backed practices toward a sustainable enterprise, noting that all of them align with the company’s broader purpose to help simplify the way work gets done in organizations of any size and across the globe.
“Just about every request for proposal we see these days wants to know how we’re making the world a better place – from our environmental stewardship and sustainability to ethical governance and community involvement,” she wrote. “And in just about every case we can come up with a triple-bottom-line benefit - good for our customers, good for Xerox and good for the planet.”Last month, Xerox was recognized for its commitment to corporate social responsibility. For the sixth consecutive year, Xerox met the FTSE4Good criteria for corporate responsibility, social and stakeholder engagement, human rights and environmental actions. Created in 2001, the FTSE4Good Index is a series of benchmarks for socially responsible investors who want to measure performance using globally recognized standards. View the complete report at www.xerox.com/citizenshipreport2013. About Xerox Since the invention of Xerography 75 years ago, the people of Xerox (NYSE: XRX) have helped businesses simplify the way work gets done. Today, we are the global leader in business process and document management, helping organizations of any size be more efficient so they can focus on their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., more than 140,000 Xerox employees serve clients in 160 countries, providing business services, printing equipment and software for commercial and government organizations. Learn more at www.xerox.com. Note: To receive RSS news feeds, visit http://news.xerox.com/rss. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views visit http://www.linkedin.com/company/xerox, http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://realbusinessatxerox.blogs.xerox.com, http://www.facebook.com/XeroxCorp, http://www.youtube.com/XeroxCorp. Xerox ® and Xerox and Design ® are trademarks of Xerox in the United States and/or other countries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV