Trade-Ideas: United Breweries Company (CCU) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified United Breweries Company (CCU) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified United Breweries Company as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CCU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.0 million.
- CCU traded 30,050 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:40 AM, representing 10.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CCU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CCU NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on CCU: 2010 comments: - CCU dominates the Chilean beer sector with an 85% market share. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. CCU has a PE ratio of 44.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate United Breweries Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold.The average volume for United Breweries Company has been 142,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. United Breweries has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. Shares are down 11.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates United Breweries Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CCU's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.43, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Beverages industry and the overall market, COMPANIA CERVECERIAS UNIDAS's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for COMPANIA CERVECERIAS UNIDAS is rather high; currently it is at 57.08%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, CCU's net profit margin of 5.69% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full United Breweries Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV