After Hundreds Of Shows, What Will Work In Stores?
Model Coco Rocha appreciated the versatility of the designer's work. "Rachel definitely has pieces that you can go grocery shopping (in) as well as go out for the night in one piece."
A good percentage of the collection was black and white: low-slung patent-leather minis paired with printed floral trenches, a black knit dress with a sharp white menswear-style collar, a perfectly tailored white pantsuit with a black mock-neck top.Even the round-toe, chunky-heel pumps made a statement different from the other scores of designers who either preferred delicate pointy-toe stilettos, aggressive booties or flat sandals. Lauren saturated a handful of looks in bright lime, orange, red and yellow in both daytime ribbed dresses and leather coats, as well as eveningwear. The gowns would be surefire favorites for red-carpet cameras. "I love the color. The color was great, it was different for Ralph," said Jessica Alba, a seasoned Lauren front-row guest. ___ REED KRAKOFF Krakoff used a lot of light, ethereal colors and garments. He seemed to signal his intentions with the first look: a flowing chiffon dress in the color of lobster bisque. He stayed with bisque for much of the show, throwing in white, nude, and, for those who can't live without it, some black at the end. "I was playing with the idea of weightlessness, and overt femininity," Krakoff explained in an interview after the show. "And combining it with some classic attributes of the brand," as in more sculptured, tailored pieces. The duality resulted in some fascinating combinations. One of the better ones: A white grain leather top, to provide weight and structure, paired with a filmy white chiffon and cotton voile skirt. And to cap it off: A square-toe pump with a pedestal heel in hi-liter yellow. ___ ANNA SUI In her quiet sort of way, Sui has started a rebellion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV