DALIAN, China, Sept. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ManpowerGroup (NYSE: MAN), the world leader in innovative workforce solutions and World Economic Forum (WEF) strategic partner, today outlined impactful actions that can be taken to enhance the employability of the world's workforce in order to reduce both global youth unemployment rates and talent shortages.
Jeff Joerres, ManpowerGroup Chairman and CEO, led a session at the WEF Annual Meeting of the New Champions in Dalian, China, titled " Building Capacity for Employment" examining what can be done to build to develop a more employable labor force. Approximately 75 million young people are out of work worldwide, yet millions of jobs remain unfilled — ManpowerGroup's 2013 Talent Shortage Survey found that 35% of employers globally, and more than half of Asian employers, are having difficulty finding workers with the right skills for open positions.
"It is imperative to get young people more engaged in the workforce because if they check out for a prolonged period of time, the risk is that person is lost to the labor market for good as skills life cycles have become shorter. That is something the world cannot afford from a social or economic perspective," said Joerres. "Employers, government, educators and individuals should get around the table and work together to develop a sustainable talent pipeline with the skills businesses need."The "Building Capacity for Employment" panel addressed questions including:
- How does a framework for a resilient job market function?
- Can vocational training solve the problem of the skills mismatch?
- Can new models of higher education tackle unemployment?
- How can youth entrepreneurship be fostered, and is this a solution to the broader challenge?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV