5 U.S. Cities Too Dangerous to Move To
Fourth-most-dangerous U.S. city to move to: West Memphis, Ark.
Located across the Mississippi River from Memphis, West Memphis suffers from violent-crime rate more than six times the U.S. average.
That includes a rape rate 5.3 times the national average, as well as a level of murders three times higher than you'd expect given the city's 26,000 population.West Memphis also suffers from an aggravated-assault rate 7.3 times higher than average, as well as 3.9 times the typical number of robberies on a per-capita basis. Add the fact that West Memphis has more than three times the average rate of property crimes and you've got about a 1-in-8 chance of becoming a victim there in any given year. Schiller attributes some of West Memphis' problems to a spillover of crime from Memphis itself, which NeighborhoodScout ranks as America's 22nd-most-dangerous city.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV