Not Every Office Lets Fans Fly Their Team Colors
To show some spirit without being shown the door, Bissot says employees should get creative.
"By getting creative, anyone can use their apparel to support their team without the risk of offending someone, appearing unprofessional or causing a disruption," she says. "Coordinate a professional outfit that shows your pride by wearing your team colors -- like women adding an accent scarf or men coordinating with a team-colored tie -- but leave the jerseys and logoed apparel at home."
No matter who you're rooting for this fall, Kleiman says the most important thing is knowing company culture and what your managers expect. If you're new at a company and your employee handbook didn't address the topic adequately, hang back a few weeks and see what your co-workers and bosses wear.
"When considering whether or not to wear team apparel at work, employees should always remember to dress for the job they want, not the job they have," Bissot says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV