Trade-Ideas: TE Connectivity (TEL) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- TEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $93.0 million.
- TEL is up 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TEL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TEL: Bytewise: Tyco Electronics offers a wide range of magneto-inductive sensors for the non-contact detection of diverse mechanical parameters such as position, switching, angle, engine speed and rotation. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. TEL has a PE ratio of 17.5. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate TE Connectivity a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for TE Connectivity has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. TE Connectivity has a market cap of $21.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.87 and a short float of 0.4% with 0.88 days to cover. Shares are up 42.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates TE Connectivity as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 31.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 45.93% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TEL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry average. The net income increased by 68.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $199.00 million to $335.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, TE CONNECTIVITY LTD's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 37.08% is the gross profit margin for TE CONNECTIVITY LTD which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.71% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $616.00 million or 21.98% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -0.55%.
- You can view the full TE Connectivity Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.