BETHESDA, Md., Sept. 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sucampo AG ("SAG"), a wholly owned subsidiary of Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SCMP) ("Sucampo"), announced today that it will present four posters evaluating the overall efficacy and tolerability of AMITIZA® (lubiprostone) as a treatment for chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC). These posters contain data demonstrating the efficacy and tolerability of AMITIZA regardless of age, gender, and race, a pooled analysis of the most frequent adverse events associated with AMITIZA, and an evaluation of the efficacy of AMITIZA in patients suffering from refractory constipation. Sucampo will present these data during the Annual Meeting of the Swiss Society of Gastroenterology in Basel, Switzerland on Friday, September 13, 2013.
"AMITIZA has been proven to be effective in treating a wide range of patients suffering from CIC," said Ryuji Ueno, MD, PhD, PhD, SAG's President and Chief Scientific Officer. "We are excited to present these data on AMITIZA, the world's first chloride channel activator, to gastroenterologists in Switzerland."
AMITIZA increases intestinal fluid secretion, softens stools and increases motility in the intestine, thereby facilitating the passage of stool and alleviating symptoms associated with CIC.The following posters will be presented between 1:30-2:00 p.m. CEST (7:30-8:00 a.m. ET) at the Annual Meeting of the Swiss Society of Gastroenterology at the Basel Congress Center in Basel, Switzerland on Friday, September 13, 2013:
- Long-Term Efficacy of Lubiprostone Demonstrated in Patients with Constipation Regardless of Age, Gender or Race
- Taryn R. Joswick, BS, PMP, Gayle R. Dolecek, PD, MPH, Peter Lichtlen MD, PhD, Ryuji Ueno, MD, PhD, PhD, Poster G9
- Lubiprostone Treatment Improves Constipation and Related Symptoms in Patients Refractory to Other Constipation Therapies
- Taryn R. Joswick, BS, PMP, Raymond M. Panas, PhD, Peter Lichtlen MD, PhD, Ryuji Ueno, MD, PhD, PhD, Poster G10
- Lubiprostone Demonstrates Efficacy in Adult Patients with Constipation Regardless of Age, Gender or Race
- Taryn Joswick, BS, PMP, Gayle R. Dolecek, PD, MPH, Raymond M. Panas PhD, Ryuji Ueno, MD, PhD, PhD, Poster G11
- Pooled Analysis of the Most Frequent Adverse Events Associated with the Use of Lubiprostone
Sucampo will also be present in the exhibition hall with a booth located at E38.
- Taryn R. Joswick, BS, PMP, Gayle R. Dolecek, PD, MPH, Ryuji Ueno, MD, PhD, PhD, Poster G12
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV