Market Focus - Copper
The Market Focus blog post is an opportunity to highlight a market or chart of interest. The copper market is seen as a window into economic activity. It is a basic commodity used extensively in electronics and construction, produced and consumed internationally. A global commodity priced in US dollars, copper prices are also subject to price movement based on currency fluctuations.
I highlighted copper in yesterday's entry about Commitments of Traders, remarking that prices have seen "broad sideways price action since at least mid-June." Today's sharp rally cuts into a resistance area, noted in the third chart here.
The weekly chart shows a bearish moving average array, with momentum (RSI) having returned to neutral. That is a move from a double bottom in RSI in oversold territory. The lines describe a descending triangle and emphasize the support at the $3 area in 2011 and again recently.
You can read more of this blog here.Written by Stanley Dash, VP, Applied Technical Analysis, TradeStation. Follow TradeStation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV