Commitments of Traders - August 30, 2013
As summer begins its final weeks in the northern hemisphere, several markets have shown interesting COT data viewed over the last several reports. Grains and oilseeds have seen non-commercials commit to the long side and copper could be at one of the turning points I have noted in previous posts.
This RadarScreen capture shows the net change in the net non-commercial position, expressed as a percent of the total non-commercial open interest, in the Commitments of Traders (COT) data released Friday, August 30.
This indicator and more information about COT reports are available in the Analysis Concepts paper titled "Commitments of Traders: Breaking Down the Open Interest." As detailed in the paper, the intention is to follow the money flow of large speculators: money managers, hedge funds, etc.
You can read more of this blog here.Written by Stanley Dash, VP, Applied Technical Analysis, TradeStation. Follow TradeStation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV