INDIANAPOLIS, Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Delta Faucet Company announced the winners of six $2,500 scholarships for students pursuing plumbing, heating and cooling related studies. The Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (PHCC) Educational Foundation administers the scholarship program and is responsible for selecting the scholarship award winners.
Delta Faucet Company has sponsored scholarship awards through PHCC each year since 1986, with a total of $420,000 awarded to more than 165 students pursuing studies in the plumbing, heating and cooling industry.
"Delta Faucet has been a longtime supporter of these awards for promising students interested in our trade profession," said Kenneth Roberts, vice president of trade sales for Delta Faucet Company. "It's important we do everything we can to keep these bright minds working in and improving our industry."
The following students were awarded 2013 Delta Faucet Company scholarships:
- Douglas Botto of Smithtown, N.Y., is pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology
- Joshua Freund of Spring Branch, Texas is pursuing a Master of Business Administration in a five-year accelerated program at Dallas Baptist University
- Gerardo Jimenez of San Diego, Calif., is working full-time at PHCC member Anderson Plumbing, Heating & Air and is enrolled in the San Diego PHCC plumbing apprentice program
- Eleni Klesaris of Burlington, Mass., is pursuing a degree in business management at Middlesex Community College
- Meagan Riley of Milton, Mass., is pursuing a degree in business management at Temple University
- Douglas Smith of Knoxville, Tenn., is pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering at Mississippi State University
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts