AKRON, Ohio, Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Many motorists with on- and off-road driving needs want the ability to go off-road at a moment's notice, especially those who drive pickups and have active lifestyles. And for those types of drivers, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NASDAQ: GT) has announced a new product to help them in such journeys.
The all-new Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar offers versatility for highway or off-road driving. The tire features a layer of DuPont Kevlar for rugged toughness over pavement, gravel and dirt, plus superior traction through rain and snow.
Additional key elements of the Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar include open shoulder blocks in the tread, to help clear mud and snow for versatile off-road traction, and traction ridges for traction on soft road surfaces. Biting edges and a rubber compound also contribute to the traction capabilities on wet and icy roads."Drivers who go both on- and off-road want good wet traction, off-road traction, long tread life and durability," said Sara Vacha, Goodyear brand marketing manager. "The new Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar has superior performance for these drivers." The new tire also contains Goodyear's exclusive Durawall Technology, which offers toughness and helps to resist cuts in the sidewall area. Supported by a current advertising campaign, the Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar is available at Goodyear retail outlets, with a full lineup of 44 sizes available by the end of 2013. Included are 20 sizes that are designated as "Pro-Grade" fitments – those that are Load Range E tires with two layers of Kevlar and a heavy-duty steel belt package. The Pro-Grade tires represent a version for three-quarter and one-ton trucks that regularly haul or tow heavy loads, and are equipped with an enhanced tread compound to resist chipping and chunking.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV