To nominate a truck driver for Goodyear's 31 st North America Highway Hero Award, click on this link, fill out the online Highway Hero registration form, and hit the "submit" button, which will send your nomination directly to Goodyear. For consideration, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a full-time truck driver
- Must reside in the U.S. or Canada
- The incident must have occurred in the U.S. or Canada
- Nominee's truck at the time of the incident must have had 12 wheels or more
- Nominee must have been on the job – or on the way to or from work in his or her truck – at the time of the incident
- Incident must have taken place between Nov. 16, 2012, and Nov. 16, 2013, to qualify for this year's program.
After the Goodyear Highway Hero Award nomination period ends, the list of eligible Highway Hero Award candidates will be narrowed down to four finalists. A panel of trucking industry judges will then select the 31 st Goodyear North America Highway Hero, who will be revealed March 2014 during a special event at MATS. (Final approval of Goodyear Highway Hero finalists and the Highway Hero Award winner is at Goodyear's sole discretion. Finalists must clear background checks to Goodyear's satisfaction.)
About The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company: Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs approximately 69,000 people and manufactures its products in 52 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
SOURCE The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company