PICKERINGTON, Ohio, Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- R. G. Barry Corporation (Nasdaq: DFZ) today confirmed that it has received an unsolicited, non-binding acquisition proposal from Mill Road Capital Management and its affiliated funds to acquire all of the Company's outstanding common shares at a price of $20 per share in cash, subject to due diligence and other conditions.
No information was provided by Mill Road Management concerning the source of financing for such proposed acquisition.
The Board of Directors of R. G. Barry intends to evaluate the proposal in a timely manner, but has not determined a definitive time frame for its evaluation.
The Company will not comment upon or provide further updates regarding the acquisition proposal until circumstances warrant.About RG Barry RG Barry develops accessories brands that provide fashionable, solution-oriented products for a great life. Our primary brands include: Dearfoams slippers dearfoams.com; baggallini handbags, totes and travel accessories baggallini.com; and Foot Petals premium insoles and comfort products footpetals.com. To learn more, visit us at rgbarry.com. SOURCE R. G. Barry Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV