Provectus To Present Additional Results In 80 Patient International Multicenter Phase 2 Clinical Trial In Metastatic Melanoma At European Cancer Congress 2013
Provectus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (OTCQB: PVCT, http://www.pvct.com), a development-stage oncology and dermatology biopharmaceutical company, announces that analysis of data from its completed Phase 2 study of intralesional PV-10 in metastatic melanoma will be presented at the upcoming European Cancer Congress (ECCO 17- ESMO-38 - ESTRO 32), taking place September 27 through October 1, 2013 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
PV-10, a 10% solution of Rose Bengal that is currently being examined as a novel cancer therapeutic, is designed to selectively target and destroy cancer cells without harming surrounding healthy tissue, minimizing potential for systemic side effects. The international, multicenter, Phase 2 study of 80 subjects with AJCC Stage IIIB-IV melanoma examined the effect of up to 4 treatment cycles of intralesional (IL) PV-10 in patients with refractory, locally advanced disease. Interlesional PV-10 tumor ablation provided, with minimal intervention, rapid locoregional disease control. The high rate of bystander lesion response and reversible cutaneous locoregional blistering (prognostic for patient response), are consistent with the novel tumor-specific immune mediated mechanism of action of PV-10.
As previously announced, this data from the Phase 2 study was submitted and accepted for presentation at ECCO. Abstract No. 3.755, entitled, "Locoregional Disease Control in Metastatic Melanoma: Exploratory Analysis From Phase 2 Testing of Intralesional Rose Bengal," is authored by S.S. Agarwala, J.F. Thompson, B.M. Smithers, M.I. Ross, B.J. Coventry, D.R. Minor, C.R. Scoggins, J. M. Singer and E.A. Wachter, and can be accessed at the following link:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV