Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), one of the nation’s leading health and well-being companies, along with nonprofit KaBOOM!, today launched their third annual Fall playground tour. The Humana Builds tour will stop in nine cities across the country over the next nine weeks, getting started this Saturday, Sept. 14 with the first build in Columbus, Ohio.
“We are excited to be entering the third year of our partnership with KaBOOM!,” said Thomas J. Liston, President, Retail Segment for Humana. “These playgrounds offer a great place for families and communities to come together in an environment that promotes health and well-being. We’re proud of our work with KaBOOM! across dozens of communities in the U.S.”
The multi-generational playgrounds built by Humana and KaBOOM! feature traditional kid-friendly equipment, as well as walking paths and fitness stations for adults, creating spaces for people of all ages to gather. Everyone who participates in the builds this fall will have the opportunity not only to build a playground but also to join in additional onsite activities, such as a step challenge.
A multigenerational playground can bring communities together. “The playground in my neighborhood has really improved the quality of life for many people who live at Gateway Park,” said Marcus French, a Gateway Park resident in Portland, Ore., where Humana and KaBOOM! teamed up on a playground in the fall of 2012. “Now, everyone living at Gateway Park has a great place to gather together,” French said.In addition to Columbus, playgrounds will be built in Maryville, Tenn. (near Knoxville); Raleigh, N.C.; Chesapeake, Va.; St. Louis, Mo.; Jacksonville, Fla.; West Valley City, Utah (near Salt Lake City); Las Vegas, Nevada; and San Diego, Calif. from Sept. 14 through Nov. 16. Regular tour updates will be available on Twitter and Facebook through the hashtags #HumanaBuilds and #KaBOOMBuild.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV