National Retail Properties (NYSE: NNN) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.20%. National Retail Properties, Inc. is a publicly owned equity real estate investment trust. The firm acquires, owns, manages, and develops retail properties in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 29.22. The average volume for National Retail Properties has been 1,468,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. National Retail Properties has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 0.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates National Retail Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NATIONAL RETAIL PROPERTIES has improved earnings per share by 13.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NATIONAL RETAIL PROPERTIES increased its bottom line by earning $0.98 versus $0.90 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.07 versus $0.98).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for NATIONAL RETAIL PROPERTIES is rather high; currently it is at 62.25%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 38.84% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $55.37 million or 12.60% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NATIONAL RETAIL PROPERTIES has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.35%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, NATIONAL RETAIL PROPERTIES's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full National Retail Properties Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts