1. Historical volatility: Right now, the look-back window for a one month SPX close-close volatility estimate and for the GJR-GARCH model includes the large market declines that occurred in mid-August. In the next few sessions, those volatile days will begin to fall out of the calculation window, and price-based estimates of volatility will decline. I expect SPX one month historical volatility to come down to about 8% by this time next week, assuming no large market declines in the coming week. In that context, short term puts priced at 16% and greater look positively rich.
OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits
Jared can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/CondorOptions
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.