Red Hat, Inc, (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the general availability of Red Hat Software Collections 1.0. Available via select Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscriptions, Red Hat Software Collections delivers the newest, most stable versions of open source runtime components to subscribers on a lifecycle that is separate from Red Hat Enterprise Linux. By providing a more frequent release cadence of these developer oriented technologies, Red Hat has responded to the need for access to rapid language and database innovation while also continuing to deliver the stability of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux platform.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux currently ships stable tools and runtime technologies with its 10-year lifecycle and will continue to do so. Responding to evolving developer needs, Red Hat Software Collections provides access to newer, updated, and reliable versions of popular dynamic languages and open source databases with a three-year lifecycle. This enables organizations to accelerate software development and deployment on a modern platform across physical, virtual, and cloud environments without the potential risks of unsupported community projects.
Red Hat Software Collections 1.0 includes:
- Dynamic programming languages for modern web application development such as Ruby 1.9.3 with Rails 3.2.8, PHP 5.4, Python 3.3 and 2.7, Perl 5.16.3, and node.js 0.10 (delivered as a Technology Preview); and
- Runtime databases, including MariaDB 5.5, MySQL 5.5, and PostgreSQL 9.2
Supported by a Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription and delivered with a choice of service-level agreements (SLAs), the components offered through Red Hat Software Collections are intended for production use in physical, virtual, and cloud environments. This makes Red Hat Software Collections a compelling choice for organizations looking for choice and flexibility when it comes to application development and deployment. Red Hat is also making components included in Red Hat Software Collections available on OpenShift, Red Hat’s open source Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offering where they are exposed as services to developers (via the OpenShift cartridge API). This support across multiple deployment options provides Red Hat customers with even greater flexibility.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV