Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 9/16/13, Horizon Tech Finance Corporation (HRZN) will trade ex-dividend, for its monthly dividend of $0.115, payable on 10/15/13. As a percentage of HRZN's recent stock price of $13.55, this dividend works out to approximately 0.85%, so look for shares of Horizon Tech Finance Corporation to trade 0.85% lower — all else being equal — when HRZN shares open for trading on 9/16/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for HRZN, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.115 declared by Horizon Tech Finance Corporation:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from HRZN is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 10.18% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of HRZN shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, HRZN's low point in its 52 week range is $12.77 per share, with $18.17 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $13.55.
In Thursday trading, Horizon Tech Finance Corporation shares are currently up about 0.1% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV