The law firm of Wohl & Fruchter LLP is investigating the proposed acquisition of R.G. Barry Corporation (RGB) (Nasdaq: DFZ) by Mill Road Capital, L.P. (Mill Road), one of the Company’s largest outside shareholders.
On September 11, 2013, Mill Road announced an offer to acquire all of RGB’s outstanding shares for $20/share in cash. Mill Road is presently one of RGB’s largest shareholders with a 8.57% stake.
The proposal comes less than a week after RGB announced positive fourth quarter and full fiscal year 2013 results, reflecting what the Company’s CFO, Jose G. Ibarra, indicated was ongoing success transforming RGB from a “single-seasoned footwear company into a multidimensional, branded accessory business.”
Wohl & Fruchter’s investigation concerns the fairness of Mill Road’s proposal, and the adequacy of the procedures adopted by RGB to respond to the proposal.Additional information is available at http://www.wohlfruchter.com/cases/dfz. Persons with relevant information, and RGB shareholders with questions about this investigation, are invited to contact our Firm by calling 866.582.8140, or contacting the attorney below. About Wohl & Fruchter Wohl & Fruchter LLP represents plaintiffs in litigation arising from fraud and other fiduciary breaches by corporate managers, as well as other complex litigation matters. Please visit our website, www.wohlfruchter.com, to learn more about our Firm, or contact one of our partners. This release may be deemed to constitute attorney advertising.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV