FNB, South Africa’s oldest bank and one of the largest financial institutions in the country, is automating and innovating routine banking transactions and improving customer service by installing 1,250 NCR SelfServ™ 4 units. The SelfServ 4 is an ATM-like kiosk that FNB has branded “Slimline ATMs” in their retail sites and remote sites not served by traditional branches and conventional ATMs nationwide.
The SelfServ 4 offers consumers the convenience of bypassing not only teller lines but even actual banking interaction and quickly completing typical branch transactions, such as account maintenance and financial product research and purchases. By migrating routine transactions to self-service channels, in-bank tellers can dedicate more time to customer service, facilitating high-value product purchases and cross-sales.
According to NCR global research, in-the-bank tellers spend 90 percent of their time on basic account maintenance and payment transactions and just 10 percent interacting with customers. Increasing face-to-face customer service opportunities not only improves the overall customer experience, it helps branches cut down operational costs since typical self-service transactions cost up to 75 percent less than teller transactions.
“FNB has been recognized as the most innovative bank in the world, and we are leading the field again with new concepts into banking methodologies,” said Aziz Cassim, Head of Self Service Delivery at FNB. “We developed this as a unique technology to address access to banking in a way that deepens functionality and brings full digital banking to our remote sites. In the process, we created a unique ATM designed specifically for emerging market and lower income needs. This slimline ATM also has great potential across all our market segments from personal to business and commercial due to its deep digital banking ability.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV