Opening Print and S&P Levels to Watch
That said, most of the shorts have covered and most people we talk to think the S&P still has more room on the upside. According to the Ned Davis S&P cash study, the Friday before the Sept expiration has been up 19 and down 9 of the last 28 occasions and Monday has been up 16 and down 13 of the last 29. With that in mind, we lean to selling rallies today. We may look to buy weakness, but with the S&P up 6 days in a row the market is overdue for a down day.
As always, use stops and keep an eye on the 10-handle rule. Don't forget to catch MrTopStep on The Closing Print video found under the OptionsTV page (top bar). We report directly from the SPX pits, wrapping up the day and positioning for trade tomorrow.
OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits
MrTopStep can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/MrTopStep
For LIVE futures chat, more information on the 10-handle rule and futures educational content CLICK HERE FOR A SEVEN-DAY FREE TRIAL.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV