Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Huntington Ingalls Industries as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HII has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.9 million.
- HII has traded 136,503 shares today.
- HII is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HII with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HII NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on HII: Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc. designs, builds, overhauls, and repairs ships primarily for the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. HII has a PE ratio of 20.3. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Huntington Ingalls Industries a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.The average volume for Huntington Ingalls Industries has been 216,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Huntington Ingalls has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of 1.76 and a short float of 1.5% with 4.01 days to cover. Shares are up 54.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Huntington Ingalls Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 58.07% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HII should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- HUNTINGTON INGALLS IND INC has improved earnings per share by 12.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HUNTINGTON INGALLS IND INC turned its bottom line around by earning $2.91 versus -$1.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.10 versus $2.91).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry average. The net income increased by 14.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $50.00 million to $57.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Aerospace & Defense industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HUNTINGTON INGALLS IND INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- HII, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Huntington Ingalls Industries Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest Headlines about HII
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV