Trade-Ideas: Men's Wearhouse (MW) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- MW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.4 million.
- MW traded 35,434 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:18 AM, representing 11.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MW: The Men's Wearhouse, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty apparel retailer in the United States and Canada. It provides suits, suit separates, sport coats, slacks, sportswear, outerwear, dress shirts, shoes, and accessories for men, as well as offers tuxedo rentals. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. MW has a PE ratio of 14.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Men's Wearhouse a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Men's Wearhouse has been 499,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Men's Wearhouse has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.08 and a short float of 7.8% with 12.39 days to cover. Shares are up 25.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Men's Wearhouse as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- MENS WEARHOUSE INC has improved earnings per share by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MENS WEARHOUSE INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.55 versus $2.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.78 versus $2.55).
- MW's revenue growth trails the industry average of 22.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 48.54% is the gross profit margin for MENS WEARHOUSE INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.36% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Men's Wearhouse Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.