DALLAS, Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Designed with input from the engineering and maker communities, Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today announced the highly anticipated MSP430™ USB LaunchPad Evaluation Kit and supporting ecosystem of software and support for its portfolio of USB microcontrollers. The MSP-EXP430F5529LP LaunchPad, based on the ultra-low power MSP430F5529 microcontroller (MCU), provides engineers and makers of all experience levels more connectivity, memory and performance options for a variety of low-power consumer, industrial, medical and wireless connectivity applications.
Implementing USB was traditionally a complex task, especially from a software perspective. To ease development, TI's robust MSP430 USB portfolio includes the comprehensive MSP430 USB Developers Package which contains free and open source USB API stacks, source code, sample applications and a code-gen tool to quickly configure USB applications for all MSP430 USB microcontrollers. For more information about the MSP430 USB LaunchPad and supporting MSP430 USB ecosystem, visit www.ti.com/430usb-pr-lp.
Boosting connectivity to the Internet of Things (IoT)The added functionality of TI's new near field communication (NFC) BoosterPack and NFCLink Library make the MSP430 USB LaunchPad a perfect starting point for IoT development. Based on TI's TRF7970A NFC transceiver, the DLP7970ABP NFC BoosterPack gives developers a quick and easy connection via NFC for only USD $25.00. For ordering information about TI's new NFC BoosterPack, visit www.ti.com/430usb-pr-nfc. TI's existing Wi-Fi, Sub-1GHz and ZigBee® BoosterPacks can also easily plug into the MSP430 USB LaunchPad to enable wireless connectivity to smart home and building, health and fitness and portable consumer applications. The new MSP-EXP430F5529LP LaunchPad includes support for Energia. The community-developed, open-source integrated development environment (IDE) based on the Wiring framework enables code compatibility across TI's Energia-supported MCU LaunchPads and BoosterPacks including the new NFC BoosterPack and recently announced SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi CC3000 BoosterPack. Developers can now leverage Energia to port code developed for these BoosterPacks and easily add NFC connectivity and secure short range wireless connectivity or Wi-Fi to applications for the IoT. Features and benefits of the MSP-EXP430F5529LP:
- Includes the 16-bit ultra-low power MSP430F5529 MCU, with 128KB Flash, 8KB RAM, 25MHz CPU speed, integrated USB and PHY supporting USB 2.0, and integrated 12-bit ADC.
- Incorporates USB connectivity and other peripherals including serial ports for UART, I2C, and SPI controllers so developers can support the communication standard best suited for their application.
- Contains TI's TPS2041C USB power switch and TUSB2046 full-speed USB hub that are well suited for designs using MSP430F5529 MCUs.
- Compatible with TI's existing low-cost SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3000, CC110L Sub-1GHz and CC2530 ZigBee BoosterPacks for multiple wireless connectivity options.
- BoosterPack XL connection standard allows more functionality and compatibility with existing BoosterPacks ecosystem and future MSP430 LaunchPads.
- Compatible with complete portfolio of existing BoosterPacks so developers can now quickly and easily evaluate functionality across TI's broad portfolio of microcontrollers.
- Get started with TI's MCU LaunchPad ecosystem: www.ti.com/430usb-pr-lps
- TI's broad portfolio of MSP430 USB MCUs: www.ti.com/430usb-pr-hp
- White paper: Designing with ultra-low power MSP430 USB MCUs: www.ti.com/430usb-pr-wp
- Check out the MSP430 forum on the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/430usb-pr-e2e
- MSP430 community news, projects and forums at 43Oh.com: www.ti.com/430usb-pr-oh
- Make the Switch to TI MCUs: www.ti.com/maketheswitch
- Follow TI MCUs on Facebook: www.facebook.com/timicrocontrollers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV